Delhi Township yard waste drop-off planned for May 16th
On Saturday, May 16, Delhi Township will host a yard waste drop-off for residents from 8 a.m. to noon. The yard waste collection, which will include new safety protocols, will take place at the Delhi Township Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW), located near the recycling center on Grovenburg Road.
With these protocols in place, we will balance the need for residents to drop off their yard waste and social distancing guidelines so we can continue providing this important service to our residents.
New safety protocols and procedures include:
- Yard waste must be fully enclosed in a paper yard waste bag. Plastic bags or emptying containers into the waste collection area is not permitted.
- Brush and tree trimmings must be no longer than 4’ and no more than 4” in diameter. No dirt or sod is accepted. No stumps are accepted.
- No trailers larger than 5’ x 8’, or the back of a full-sized pick-up truck, are able to be accommodated. No tandem trailers or cube/box trucks.
- All unloading must be done by the resident. There is no staff or volunteers available to help.
- Staff will remain a minimum of 6 feet from people or open vehicle windows.
- Staff will direct cars at the intersection of Grovenburg Road and the recycle/lagoon facility driveway.
- Residents with brush will be directed to the lagoon facility, while those with yard waste in bags will be directed into the plant. Residents will need to take yard waste to the designated location.
- There will be two open dumpsters for brush. Township staff will regulate traffic to ensure only one vehicle can access a dumpster at a time.
- There will be six dump areas throughout the plant for bagged yard waste.
- Township staff will direct vehicles to a designated dump area. Only one vehicle per dump area at a time.
- All vehicles will exit the plant through the north gate onto McCue Road.
- The drop off is only for Delhi Township residential customers. No commercial/contractor brush or leaves will be accepted.
- IDs will be checked to verify residency before drop-off is permitted. Residents must be prepared to place their ID up to their closed vehicle window when they arrive.